The American Chamber of Commerce grew out of the American Business Association (ABA), which was established in 2005 to promote flow of trade and investment between the US and Tanzania and to facilitate business and investment opportunities for U.S.-affiliated companies in Tanzania.
The Foreign Commercial Service at the U.S. Embassy in Dar es Salaam works closely with the American Chamber of Commerce in Tanzania (AmCham Tanzania) to provide support to U.S. businesses.
The objectives of AmCham Tanzania are:
- To promote two way flow of trade and investment between the U.S. and Tanzania
- To facilitate business and investment opportunities for U.S. companies in Tanzania
- To promote the spirit of business, professionalism and ethics in the Tanzania environment and to provide insight into American business philosophy
- To facilitate cross-cultural interaction between U.S. and Tanzanian business
- To provide a forum to address common business issues and provide resources for background information on doing business in Tanzania
- Provide information on new legislation that can impact businesses
For more information