Ask a COVID-19 Question
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19
- The Tanzanian government has not released any data on COVID in Tanzania since April 29, so there are no current data on the number of people diagnosed with COVID-19 in Tanzania.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- International commercial flight options no longer exist in Tanzania. The Government of Tanzania suspended all international scheduled and chartered passenger planes to Tanzania effective April 11.
- All travelers whether foreigners or returning residents entering or leaving the United Republic of Tanzania will be subjected to enhanced screening for COVID-19 infection. There will be no 14 days mandatory quarantine upon arrival.
- Passengers should fill in Health Surveillance Form in the plane, or any other transport means and submit them to Port Health authorities upon arrival.
- All travelers arriving will be subjected to an intensive screening and where necessary COVID-19 rapid testing.
- All people residing in Tanzania are advised to avoid non-essential travels to COVID-19 affected countries.
- In case of any medical emergency while in the United Republic of Tanzania, please call the Health Emergency Number 199
What procedures have been put in place at airports and other ports of entry?
- Ports of entry are conducting screening and travelers with a fever are diverted to secondary for further examination.