Alumni of U.S. State Department Programs got together in February 2009 and officially formed the Tanzania U.S. State Alumni Association (TUSSAA) which is registered by number 00NGO/00003353. TUSSAA has a sister association in Zanzibar; Zanzibar Association of U.S. State Alumni (ZAUSSA) which was officially launched on October 22, 2011 by the U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Officer Ms. Dana L. Banks. Zanzibar Association of U.S. State Alumni is registered by number 1008.
TUSSAA leaders are:
- President: Lawrence Chuma – YALI Alumnus 2014.
- Vice President: Nesia Mahenge – YALI Regional Leadership Centre (RLC) Alumna 2015.
- Executive Secretary: Ayoub Msuya – Fulbright Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Alumnus 2013.
- Treasurer: Alex Mgeni – International Visitor Leadership Program IVLP Alumnus 2015
- Community Mobilization : Dhamir Ramadhani – YALI Regional Leadership Centre (RLC) Alumnus 2016.
- Legal Adviser: Gloria Kalabamu – YALI Regional Leadership Centre (RLC) Alumna 2015.
- Public Relations Officer: Musa Kalangahe, YALI Alumnus 2017.
ZAUSSA leaders are:
- Chairperson: Mohamed Othman Dau, YES Alumnus 2007.
- Deputy Chairperson: Mustafa Sharif, IVLP Alumnus 2015.
- Secretary General: Mkama Gabriel Ndunguru, YALI Alumnus 2015.
- Deputy Secretary: Sultana Mohamed Nassor Al Mazrui, YES Alumna 2013.
- Treasurer: Mwanaidi Hassan Abdulla, YES Alumna 2007.
- Excom Member: Hudhaifat Ali Hamdan, YES Alumna 2014.
To contact TUSSAA and ZAUSSA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.