The Commercial Section
Updated: February 11, 2016
The U.S. Commercial Service is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. The U.S. Commercial Service helps U.S. companies get started in exporting or increase sales to new global markets.
What we do:
- Promote U.S. products and services
- Support U.S. businesses and investors in Tanzania
- Improve the investment climate
How we do it:
- Trade Counseling
- Market Intelligence
- Business Matchmaking
- Advocacy and Commercial Diplomacy
- Trade Promotion Programs
Doing Business in Tanzania:
The U.S. Commercial Service in Tanzania uses Export.gov, the U.S. Government’s export portal, as its main online resource for exporting U.S. clients. For market research, trade events, trade leads, and information on how to export, please visit Export.gov.
US Government Resources:
- US African Development Foundation
- US Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration
- African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA)
- US Trade and Development Agency
- US Department of Agriculture
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)
- US Trade Representative
- US International Trade Commission
- Federal Trade Commission
- US Customs and Border Protection
- Millennium Challenge Corporation
- US Government Advocacy Center
- Overseas Security Advisory Council
U.S. Commercial Service
US Embassy, Dar es Salaam
The Office of Public Affairs
Through its Press Section, Cultural Affairs Section and Information Resource Center, the Office of Public Affairs in Dar es Salaam facilitates informational, cultural and educational activities to further mutual understanding between the U.S. and Tanzania. It handles all public relations for the U.S. Embassy directly with government and non-government offices, universities, libraries, cultural centers and the media.
Embassy of the United States of America
The Office of Public Affairs
686 Old Bagamoyo Road
P.O. Box 9123
Dar es Salaam
Tel: (255-22) 2294000
Fax: (255-22) 2294722
For U.S. Citizens
U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam’s Consular Section provides a wide-range of services for American citizens in Tanzania. Services include the issuance of U.S. passports, birth registrations, absentee voting assistance, federal benefits assistance, and general assistance to Americans with problems they are unable to solve on their own. The Consular Section also provides notary services for American citizens and for all nationalities whose documents are related to business in the United States.
Additional information on Consular services can be found throughout this website. Please view the page for your requested service to find the appropriate contact information.
Please note that office hours are subject to change. Please see here for current information regarding visiting our office.