The U.S. Embassy is seeking for an individual for the position of House Manager for a senior level diplomat.
OPEN TO: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS. MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
OPENING DATE: March 4, 2020
CLOSING DATE: March 18, 2020
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 45 hours/week
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Incumbent will be responsible for overall management of the official residence and supervision of staff employed therein.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- The incumbent establishes, directs, and supervises the work schedule and performance of full-time and part-time staff.
- The incumbent is responsible for personnel and administrative duties of the household staff.
- Maintains pay accounts for household staff.
- Supervises the installation, repair, cleaning and upkeep of residential furnishings, equipment and appliances.
- Responsible for timely procurement, safekeeping, and inventory of food, beverages and household supplies for the residence.
- Maintains an inventory of all the residential equipment and furniture.
- Responsible for maintaining a record of expenses and related receipts associated with the upkeep of the Residence under the official residence expenses (ORE) program.
- Maintains a record of expenses, receipts, and required data associated with the entertainment of official guests at the residence.
- Serves as liaison with the Embassy’s Protocol Office and the Executive Office for the official functions held at the residence and with the Embassy Financial Management Center on matters pertaining to ORE and representational expenses.
- Coordinates and gives guidance to the general services/logistics office, facilities maintenance, and other agencies’ staff during all activities, including but not limited to repairs, representational and American community outreach events; award ceremonies, town hall meetings, official receptions for VIPs, host country and other embassies’ officials and visiting officials from Washington.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in hotel, restaurant, or office management; with 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Education: Should have completed secondary school or have four additional years of relevant experience/training in lieu
- Computer skills a must, needs to be able to use emails and Microsoft products with ease;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Utmost discretion and confidentiality in all matters both business and personal;
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; with strong ability to prioritize and multi-task; and work under pressure with accuracy and attention to detail;
- Broad knowledge of household items and care;
- Resourceful and easily able to problem solve with a positive “get it done” attitude. Very “hands-on” and ready to pitch in.
- Must have knowledge of administrative procedures, housing managerial program and methods relating to inspection of facilities, inventory control, and a variety of similar tasks.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the employer and other residence staff members, Embassy personnel and vendors;
- Strong spoken and written English and Kiswahili required.
- A valid Tanzanian driver’s license and driving experience would be advantageous.
Interested candidates for this position must submit a Curriculum Vitae, Application Letter, Certificates, etc.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted