Event: The Tanzanian government has announced eighty-eight (88) confirmed cases of COVID-19. There have been four (4) confirmed deaths.
Please note, you can subscribe or unsubscribe from these alerts.
International commercial flight options no longer exist in Tanzania. The Government of Tanzania suspended all international scheduled and chartered passenger planes to Tanzania effective April 11.
U.S. citizens who remain in Tanzania should be prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging repatriation flights in Tanzania at this time. However, in the event that opportunity becomes available, we are asking you to let us know if you are interested in being contacted. Please enter your information via the following link: bit.ly/USCitizenInfo and complete the form for each U.S. citizen or U.S. legal permanent resident guardian accompanying minor children in your family or group. If you have already submitted your information via email you do not need to submit your information again.
If the U.S. Embassy arranges a repatriation flight we will contact you at the email address you provide in the survey to provide logistical information, including the approximate cost per seat estimate, as well as how to book the flight. Interested parties should verify that their passports and other documentation are current and valid for at least six months from today’s date.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. Effective March 18,the embassy suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizen Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19.
- Have a plan to depart from Tanzania that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
686 Old Bagamoyo Road, Msasani,
P.O. Box 9123
Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
+255 22 229-4000