Premiere of superhero film Black Panther 2
The U.S. Embassy is celebrating Tanzanian heroes.
On November 10, 2022, the Embassy will host a special “Heroes Night” event that includes the premiere of superhero film Black Panther 2. The purpose of the event is to celebrate real-life heroes, in the health sector, who contributed to the fight against COVID-19 in Tanzania. These ten real-life heroes will be honored at the event. Also in attendance will be leaders from government, business, international organizations and the health community. The event will conclude with a special screening of the hotly anticipated movie The Black Panther 2.
We are offering you the opportunity be a part of this event.
Since we are celebrating heroes, we want to know which real-life hero made the biggest impact on your life. For example, a parent, a teacher, a coach etc. No fictional heroes, real people only.
You may enter two ways:
- Send us a short essay (500 words maximum) in English that explains who your hero is and what they did that was heroic. Attach up to three photos of the hero or of you & the hero together.
- Send us an original drawing of your hero in action with a description (150 words maximum) that explains who your hero is and what they did that was heroic.
The winners will get two (2) free tickets each to attend the premiere of Black Panther 2 at Century Cinema, Aura Mall in Dar es Salaam.
Please read the contest rules carefully to ensure your entry is eligible and submit your work to MyHero@groups.state.gov. We look forward to receiving your entry.
In 2022, the U.S Embassy will screen Black Panther 2 as a way to honor the heroes of COVID-19.
- The contest is open to legal residents of Tanzania who are aged 18 or older. The employees of the U.S. Mission to Tanzania and their family members are not eligible to participate.
- The contest is open from 13th October to 26th of October 2022. Late submissions will not be considered.
- The winners will be selected and notified by 3rd November 2022.
- All entries must be submitted by email at MyHero@groups.state.gov. Please note “My Hero” as the subject line of your email. Your email must include:
- Your name full legal name, age, and contact information.
- Your citizenship
- Your country of residence
- Affirmation that you are 18 years of age or older
- Only one submission per person is allowed.
- Essays must be in English and should not exceed 500 words.
- Drawing descriptions must be in English and should not exceed 150 words.
- Photos should be of high-resolution clearly identifying the hero or the writer together with the hero.
- All photos must be accompanied with captions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media platform.
- All winners will be responsible for their own travel to and from the premiere and any other associated cost.
Determination of winner and prize.
The winners will be selected by panel comprised of officials and employees of the Embassy. Entries will be judged on their originality, relevance to the theme of the contest, quality, and the impact of the hero.
The winners will be notified via email and announced on U.S. Embassy Tanzania social media.
Contestants must affirm their submissions are their own original work and have not been plagiarized and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
Submissions become the sole property of the Embassy and may be used by the Embassy on social media, for advertising and promotions, or any other fashion the Embassy deems appropriate.
The Embassy shall have the right to edit, modify or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirely in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
The Embassy reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest at any time including the awarding of prizes by alternate means if fraud or technical failure is determined by the Embassy.
By entering this competition, entrants declare that they have read and accept the contest rules.