Visitors seeking Consular Services may not bring the items below into the Embassy.
**IMPORTANT NOTE — As of 15 May 2018, the Embassy will no longer store any items for visitors seeking Consular Services. Visitors should leave prohibited items at home or make alternate arrangements for the items’ secure storage**
The following items are NOT permitted and will not be stored by Embassy personnel:
- Cellphones, watches, computers, electronic and Bluetooth devices including fitness trackers
- Media devices such as CD’s, thumb drives, SD cards, headphones, and speakers
- Cameras or video equipment
- Lighters and matches
- Weapons or any item which can be used as a weapon
- Knives and other sharp objects
- Purses and bags larger than 10” x 10” (25cm x 25cm)
- Liquids, gels, aerosols, oils, lotions, or powder (exceptions below)
The following items are permitted:
- Small quantities of make-up
- Small quantities of baby formula, baby food, milk
- Small quantities of diapers
- Watches except those which use bluetooth or are capable of video
- Non-liquid medication
- Baby Carriers and baby strollers that can fit through an x-ray machine
**Declare medical devices before security screening**
PLEASE NOTE THAT TO LIMIT THE RISK OF SPREADING COVID-19, VISITORS TO THE U.S. EMBASSY MUST WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE EMBASSY COMPOUND AND PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
Visitors may not bring large bags, computers, or large electronics into the Embassy, and the Embassy cannot store these items. VISITORS ALSO CANNOT BRING PHONES INTO THE EMBASSY. There is limited phone storage available only for visitors with an American Citizen Services appointment (U.S. passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or notarial service). The Embassy is not responsible for any lost or damaged items held in storage. Visitors should leave prohibited items at home or make alternate arrangements for the items’ secure storage.
Additionally, the U.S. Embassy in Dar Es Salaam does not provide parking facilities to members of the public seeking consular services. The Embassy strongly recommends that those seeking consular services plan to utilize public parking, arrive by taxi, or use the passenger drop-off point located in front of the consular entrance to the Embassy compound.