Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Location: High traffic areas frequented by Westerners in Dar es Salaam and elsewhere in Tanzania
Event: Locations frequented by U.S. citizens and other Westerners in Dar es Salaam and elsewhere in Tanzania continue to be attractive targets to terrorists planning to conduct attacks. Terrorist groups could attack with little or no warning, targeting hotels, embassies, restaurants, malls and markets, police stations, places of worship, and other places frequented by Westerners.
Actions to Take:
- Be alert to your surroundings.
- Practice personal security measures.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Keep a low profile.
- Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
686 Old Bagamoyo Road, Msasani,
P.O. Box 9123
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
+255 22 229 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Department of State Tanzania Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.