Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam – Confirmed Cases of Sudan Ebolavirus (SUDV) in Uganda (October 4, 2022)
Location: Throughout Tanzania
Event: Confirmed cases of Sudan Ebolavirus (SUDV) have been reported in Uganda and authorities are monitoring for cases in neighboring countries. U.S. citizens should be prepared for possible travel disruptions and health screenings throughout the region. Quarantines may be in effect, especially for those exhibiting fevers or other symptoms of SUDV, and for those who have recently traveled to affected regions.
Actions to Take:
- Find more information about Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) on https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/
- Have a plan in place in the event that you are required to quarantine.
- Monitor news and guidance from local health authorities.
- Avoid contact with sick people, with blood and body fluids from all people and from contaminated surfaces.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.