In an effort to provide more efficient service to American citizens, the Consular Section of the Embassy of the United States of America will be implementing revised public hours and an appointment only system effective January 3, 2011.
Please note that, with the exception of true emergency situations, all U.S. citizens services are now by appointment only. To book an appointment, please click here. You do not need an appointment to pick up a passport.
- Passport Services: Monday-Friday
- Notarials/Federal Benefit Inquiries*: Monday-Friday
- Extra Visa Pages: Monday-Friday
- Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBAs): send an email to email@example.com for detailed instructions
If none of the services above match the service you require, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment. We can only accomodate walk-ins for emergency services.
*For Federal Benefits Inquiries, please select an appointment for “other services.”
The U.S. Embassy is closed on U.S. and Tanzania Public holidays and will not be able to provide non-emergency citizen services on these days. We are closed to the public the last Wednesday of every month.
Please click here to view the holiday calendar.
For any other American Citizen Services questions, please email email@example.com.
Normal processing times of services are as follows:
- Notarials: completed during the appointment
- Extra Passport Pages: 24 hrs
- Emergency Passport: 24 hrs (issued only in the case of a true emergency)
- Regular Passport: 7-14 business days
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad: 3 weeks
- For processing times for all other services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org