Passports that are damaged or in poor condition should be replaced, regardless of remaining validity. For security reasons, damaged passports may be retained by this office. Please note that your damaged passport is not proof of citizenship or identity. You will be required to present either evidence of citizenship or appropriate identification.
- Complete Form DS-11. Enter your information online and print Form DS-11 on one-sided pages. Failure to provide information requested on this form, including your social security number, may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.
Please note that the Embassy will only accept applications that have been filled out online and printed.
- Do not sign Form DS-11 on page 1. It must be signed in front of a consular officer.
- Applicants need to apply in person and should present documents that prove U.S. citizenship (birth certificate, CRBA, or naturalization certificate) and evidence of identity (such as a valid driver’s license, national identity card, state government or military ID card).
- Bring two (2) identical U.S.-sized passport photos (2×2 inches, white background).
- The fee is $110 payable in dollars or the equivalent in Tanzanian Shillings, USD or international credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Dinners, American Express, and Discover).
- To submit the application, request an appointment at the Department of State Website.
- Allow approximately 10 working days for processing. Passports must be collected at the ACS section by the applicant or authorized representative. An appointment is not necessary to pick up your passport.