- Complete Form DS-11. Enter your information online and print Form DS-11 on one-sided pages. Failure to provide information requested on this form, including your social security number, may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.
Please fill out Form DS-11 online prior to your appointment. Please note that the Embassy will only accept applications that have been completed online and printed.
- Do not sign Form DS-11 on page 1. It must be signed in front of a consular officer.
- Applicants need to apply in person and should present documents that prove U.S. citizenship (birth certificate, CRBA, or naturalization certificate) and evidence of identity (such as a previous passport, valid driver’s license, national identity card, state government or military ID card).
- Bring two (2) identical U.S.-sized passport photos (2×2 inches, white background).
- The fee is $145 payable in dollars or the equivalent in Tanzanian Shillings, USD or international credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Dinners, American Express, and Discover).
- To submit the application, request an appointment at the Department of State Website.
- Allow approximately 10 working days for processing. Passports must be collected at the ACS section by the applicant or authorized representative. An appointment is not necessary to pick up your passport.Please note: If the applicant was a minor at his/her last passport issuance, please bring photos to show how the child has aged since his/her last passport application.