The U.S. Embassy in Dar es Salaam announces the opening of the 2018 Diversity Visa Program (DV-2018). This program annually awards up to 55,000 U.S. immigrant visas to people from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply for this immigration program before November 7, 2016.
Please review the full instructions at the Department of State Consular Affairs’ website, www.dvlottery.state.gov. The entry submission period for DV-2018 is open now through 12 p.m. EDT on November 7, 2016. You can submit only one entry during this time period and only online. Entries will NOT be accepted through the mail or via courier.
Please note the following important information:
- There is no fee to submit the online application. Please do not send, pay, or transfer money to any organization or person who offers to assist you or increase your chance of winning the lottery.
- If you win the lottery, you pay for the visa application only at the U.S. Embassy in Dar es Salaam at the time of the visa interview. If anyone requests money to help you enter the lottery, please contact the U.S. Embassy.
- Selection of the application through the lottery does not guarantee issuance of a visa. If you win the lottery, you will still need an interview appointment to determine if you meet the requirements of U.S. immigration law.
- You can only include your immediate family (spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21) in your Diversity Visa application. If you add other people, your visa will be refused. If someone asks you to list other people on your application, please contact the U.S. Embassy – you would not have to give your name.
- List all of your immediate family members on your application, even if they do not wish to emigrate. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and refusal of all visas in your case at the time of the visa interview.
If you have additional questions, please email DRSIV@state.gov.