Location: Lindi and Mtwara regions
Event: Cyclone Kenneth is developing off the northern coast of Madagascar. The storm is expected to make landfall in the Lindi and Mtwara regions from Thursday , April 25, 2019 through Monday, April 29, 2019. Forecasters expect extremely high winds, dangerous storm tides, heavy rainfall, and flooding in the regions of Lindi and Mtwara. Heavy rains, high winds, and flooding are also possible in the coastal and northern regions of Pwani, Dar es Salaam, Tanga, Unguja, Pemba, Manyara, Kilimanjaro, and Arusha.
Actions to Take:
- Reconsider travel to the regions of Lindi and Mtwara until the storm has dissipated.
- Monitor the local media for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Follow directions from local officials and take other appropriate actions as needed.
- Visit the Joint Typhoon Warning Center and Tropical Storm Risk (TSR) for updated storm tracking information.
- U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
+255 22 229-4000
+255 22 229-4000, dial 0 for operator (after hours)